Wet suit, Dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guardian

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I would like to know what type of wetsuit, dry suit would be good for Ohio waters. both winter and summer. any sugestions would be great.

I use a bare nex gen divesuit with a 200 polar fleece undergarment. The suit is a basic, entry level drysuit , but kept me very comfortable when I was diving Lake Michigan and Lake Superior in early September as well as Alaska in the dead of winter (39 degree water temp). I figure Ohio probably looks more like the great lakes in september than Alaska in February, but can't say for sure. Lots of suits over a wide price range would do just as well.

I use a DUI TLS 350 drysuit on my dives here in KY. I have a wide range of undergarments from 150- 650 weight. As long as I use the proper undergarment for the temps I'm diving, I'm fine. I basically own 1- 3mm wetsuit. If it's too cold for that, then I dive dry. You could probably do some shorter dives in a 7mm or 2 pc. 7mm, but they're no where nearly as warm as a drysuit.

As far as a inexpensive suit you cant go wrong with the Nex-Gen. I have seen them take a beating in commercial applications. When the neck seal wears out replace it with a neo one...its a bit warmer.
Depending on how cold it is...pack on the undergarments or take some off.

I have had a bare nex-gen for 6 years and have dove the heck out of it only thing that needed to be replaced so far is a neck seal. I just wear different undergarments for what temps Im diving.

another suit you might look into is the Fusion from Whites. I currently dive a Whites Catalyst and it has been an outstanding suit, but I hear a lot of good things about the Fusion (and there are many threads about it). For the price, it sounds like it is one of the suits to beat.

Dive Right In Scuba has some great package pricing for this suit too if you are starting from scratch.

another suit you might look into is the Fusion from Whites. I currently dive a Whites Catalyst and it has been an outstanding suit, but I hear a lot of good things about the Fusion (and there are many threads about it). For the price, it sounds like it is one of the suits to beat.

Dive Right In Scuba has some great package pricing for this suit too if you are starting from scratch.

I have a Fusion and yes Mike at Dive Right will give you a good deal...give him a call. It is a far better suit then the Nex-gen but might cost you a couple more bucks.

Back
Top Bottom