Wet Glove/Mitts Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GiantMoray

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I am needing to buy a pair of gloves/mitts to last me through the winter.

The guys I dive with use the waterproof brand semi dry mitts 7mm, and say they do a good job.

I inquired at the LDS and they can get them in but the guy who runs it said he thinks 7mm is too thick for dexterity and recommends 5mm max or dry gloves.

I'm not really keen on the idea of dry gloves as they seem a bit of a faff and obviously can't be taken off to do something if dexterity is an issue. One type of glove that the guy at the LDS has mentioned as the warmest they have is the xs scuba dry five, but could 5 fingered really be warmer than mitts?

Just looking for some advice.

Thanks
James

I dive the 7mm Waterproof 5 finger gloves here in the Great Lakes. Temps below the thermocline are sub-40, and I find these gloves pretty good. The 3-finger ones seem interesting to me, and there have been many good things said about the Dry fives (want to check out some soon).

I use whites heat gloves 3mil for below 50 degrees and 5mil or cheap drygloves under 40 degrees. The whites are really warm and great dexterity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom