wet first stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bill Fisher

Contributor
Reaction score
My friends and I were all washing our gear after a day of diving.
Everyones stuff was laid out when I noticed the cap was off of my first stage.
It had been getting wet for a few minutes I'm sure.

I had it serviced in August, then did 2 dives. Then I didn't dive until last weekend.

If this was YOUR reg, and you left the cap off and it got wet would you recommend taking it in to get it serviced again ???????????

Thanks,
Bill

Presumably, the water used in the soak was fresh and that will have no effect on your regulator. Hook it up and blow some air through the seconds.

make ya a deal, you tell me what first stage and I'll give you my best advice on what to do.

Best,

Chris

If it was rinsed in fresh water, as pescador775 already did mention, simply shake it dry, mount the reg on your tank, and operate the reg for several minutes thereby blowing your 1ste stage internally completely dry... and go diving...

Take the HP hose off and blow air through the first stage and purge it a few times, you should be fine. You'll likely be OK without taking the HP hose off, but I just like doing this because once water gets in that way there's no way for it to come out. (Not that I've ever dunked my reg without the cap in the past.. :wink:)

Take the HP hose off and blow air through it and purge it a few times, you should be fine. You'll likely be OK without taking the HP hose off, but I just like doing this because once water gets in that way there's no way for it to come out. (Not that I've ever dunked my reg without the cap in the past.. :wink: But I've had some new diver friends do it on club owned equipment and mine too. All of them were fine when these procedures were followed.)

paulwlee:
Take the HP hose off and blow air through it and purge it a few times, you should be fine. You'll likely be OK without taking the HP hose off, but I just like doing this because once water gets in that way there's no way for it to come out. (Not that I've ever dunked my reg without the cap in the past.. :wink: But I've had some new diver friends do it on club owned equipment and mine too. All of them were fine when these procedures were followed.)

Generally speaking that will work. If it is a Sherwood you may have problems down the road.

Thanks for all the replys everyone.

I wasn't clear in my 1st post.....It didn't get dunked, it was sitting on a small table
while someone else was hosing off their gear, when it was my turn I noticed the cap was off. So it wasn't submerged, thankfully

I purged the stages, but wasn't sure if more service was needed to fully dry it out?

Chris, it's a aqualung Titan LX reg.

thanks again!

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom