Wet breathing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divingblueberry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello to you all,

My second stage started to "breathe wet" during my last dive and I was wondering what could be the cause.
Is there something I could check or change to fix this ?

Thanks in advance

Safe diving !

(Mod edit)

It's my primary regulator. It started as soon as I got in the water. Tried to fix the issue with the pressure adjustment knob but it didn't change anything. Not a huge amount of water is coming in, but it is annoying.

Could be a piece of sand in the diaphragm?

I’ve found the deep 6 seconds to be a little fussy about the diaphragm right out of the box, unscrew the cover and make sure the diaphragm and mating surfaces are clean, place the diaphragm carefully in place and screw the cover back on carefully, do a suction test (best to take the hose off and cover the inlet with your finger) it should not leak any air if you hold a slight vacuum on it. If that doesn’t work try it again and if it still doesn’t work look for cracks in the body. It’s highly unlikely that it’s the exhaust valve being bad but possible, more likely something under the exhaust seat.

Could be a piece of sand in the diaphragm?

I looked closely and washed it with water between my dives and it didn't change anything, unfortunately. Like you, I suspect the cause to be a little thing, but I haven't found it yet.

I’ve found the deep 6 seconds to be a little fussy about the diaphragm right out of the box, unscrew the cover and make sure the diaphragm and mating surfaces are clean, place the diaphragm carefully in place and screw the cover back on carefully, do a suction test (best to take the hose off and cover the inlet with your finger) it should not leak any air if you hold a slight vacuum on it. If that doesn’t work try it again and if it still doesn’t work look for cracks in the body. It’s highly unlikely that it’s the exhaust valve being bad but possible, more likely something under the exhaust seat.

Thanks for the tip. I'll certainly do that test. Thanks very much !

Back
Top Bottom