Westuit hanger for $1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chuck34gboro

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I did some searching and I couldnt find any pics, just people posting details about the way theirs were made. This may belong in the DIY section so mods move if you wish.

I got everything from The Dollar Tree. The noodles are $1 each and at ~46", each noodle can make 2. The hangers are $1 for a pack of 2 so you can make 2 wetsuit hangers for $2.

First step is to cut each noodle in half (2 ~23" lengths). Next, split each length down one side. Then on the opposite side of the split, cut a small 2" slit and slide through the hook part of the hanger. Finally, duct tape the ends and you are done.

They are sturdy enough to hold my full 7m when its dry. I'll post again after I hang it up wet.

Attachments

• PICT0001.jpg
    PICT0001.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 562
  • PICT0002.jpg
    PICT0002.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 523
  • PICT0003.jpg
    PICT0003.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 498
  • PICT0004.jpg
    PICT0004.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 466
  • PICT0005.jpg
    PICT0005.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 513
  • PICT0006.jpg
    PICT0006.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 676
What a clever idea. Nice. Would the noodles hold moisture and cause any kind of mildew problem though?

I use wooden hangers. All you have to do is cut the noodle to length and push it onto each side of the hanger. You can put a "wet" suit on it!!

I've been using the pool noodle trick for a long time. They work great.

If you don't have the nice heavy wood hangers with metal loop, you can bundle two plastic hangers together with some electrical tape to make a "double-hanger" which you can put inside a single pool noodle.

I think this really saves wear on the suits. Before pool noodles were common I used thick neoprene foam insulation for pipes.

What a clever idea. Nice. Would the noodles hold moisture and cause any kind of mildew problem though?

Nope. They are a cellular polyethylene, so don't absorb water.

I used pipe insulation since I had it and it is already split. Also I spent the extra 50c and doubled up the hangers for extra strength. You know, its life support, no reason to be cheap.

I just noticed this thread today.... after having picked up a pool noodle last week intending to somehow make it into a wetsuit hanger. I didn't find anything good for the hanger part though, so good to read that doubled up plastic hangers will work :) (Those are much easier to find.)

Blue Sparkle

That's a really cool DIY hanger but I know that most wetsuit manufactures recomend not hanging your wetsuit from the shoulders for all kinds of reasons. I always fold my wetsuit over the hanger at the waist. Has worked well for years. Especially for long periods of time. Maybe you could put the noodle thing on the hanger bar. Or for a few bucks, check out this hanger that does the job well. wetsuit hanger, Hang your wetsuit from the waist, the slidehanger wetsuit hanger was developed to eliminate shoulder wear. Wetsuit, Surf gift, links to surf shops, wetsuit care products.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom