West VS. South diving late august

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cybertia

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

we are 2 AOW/nitrox cert divers planning a short trip to PR aug 27-31 ... I have read a lot of good things about La parguera divers and would like some advice about oceans unlimited divers ... we want to dive with Nitrox ...not sure if La parguera has it?? we also are interested in short boat rides in calm water :) ... we have dove quite a bit in florida keys and have found one of us does not do so well in choppy water even with bonine ..

anyone dived with oceans unlimited ? La parguera sounds nice but they only leave on one trip a day at 8am ... we are on vacation and would love to head out a little later if we could .. nice to sleep in a bit and not rush to the boat so early ... does anyone know if paradise scuba makes more than one trip a day .. i have had a hard time finding a web site ...

finally any recommendations of where to stay if we dive with oceans unlimited ??? we don't need fancy accomodations but like clean comfortable friendly environment with good service ...

thanks and safe diving to all of you

Just returned fro 3 days of diving with Parguera Divers. They are a top-notch organization, and I highly recommend them with one caveat....the wall you will be diving (no matter who you dive with....all the sites are similar) is 5 miles offshore at the wall and its environs. It's a 25 minute boat ride out, and the surface interval is quite choppy. We did fine with two tablets of Dramamine early each morning (trip leaves at 8ish (whenever everybody's ready...), but not all the other divers were so lucky. I don't know if Paradise leaves any later, but after meeting their owner, I would not count on a lot of flexibility there. Paradise does run an incredible night snorkel to the BioLuminescent Bay which is worth the $25....you get to actually snorkel in the bay which is indescribably beautiful and not to be missed (really). I don't know anything about Oceans Unlimited. Please check out our website at www.drewvogel.com to see pictures of our trip and photos of our dives. You might not be as lucky as we were, but I think the 9 foot manta ray speaks for herself! Feel free to email me (wendy@drewvogel.com) for any more info you might want.

Have a great time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom