West Palm Pics 7/8/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Doug Ebersole

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Just a few from this past weekend:

crw_0630a.jpg

crw_0623a.jpg

crw_0641a.jpg

crw_0648a.jpg

Very nice!

nice fish! whats your gear?

What's the species of the second fish? I am pretty good at fish i.d., and I do not recall seeing anything like that before. Its appearance is striking.

Dave C:
What's the species of the second fish? I am pretty good at fish i.d., and I do not recall seeing anything like that before. Its appearance is striking.

I was puzzled by this too. Skimmed through Humann/Deloach, and found it: Hairy Blenny, Labrisomus nuchipinnis. It has a number of very different color patterns, but the photo is almost identical to one shown on page 290.

-Mark

You take awesome pics, your Tahiti pics have inspired me to go there. PS: Nice eel pics

Thanks, everyone for the kind words. Yes, that is a hairy blenny which was located under the Blue Heron Blvd bridge -- a dive that never disappoints.

The only problem with the day was that I was planning on taking wide angle shots so I had my dome port on the housing. Unfortunately, the viz didn't cooperate and it was more of a "macro day". Thankfully I had the 18-55mm lens on my Canon Digital Rebel so I could "sort of" get some macro shots. Not the sharpest of images, but some turned out okay.

Here are the rest from the day:

http://debersole.com/layout/0001/gallery_view.cfm?g=89

Robbcayman -- you'll love French Polynesia. It's a great trip. I had everything set up by Lucien Schmidlin who owns etahiti travel, the Top Dive shops on Tahiti/Bora Bora/Moorea/Rangiroa/Fakarava, and the Bora Bora Dive Resort. If you are interested, PM me and I'll give you his personal email.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom