West Palm Beach recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Time waits for no one...Finch and Damien have moved on. Finch took a nice photo of me with a Kemps Ridley Turtle, a great dive at Cross Current Barge
upload_2019-6-21_19-19-10.png

Time waits for no one...Finch and Damien have moved on.

Sad but true. Van was always willing to take us out when it was “sporty”. In the meantime ALL the other dive ops and divers had canceled long before. He and Finch would go out when it was just my wife and me or one or two other brave souls. I remember clicking my fins together saying “there’s no place like home, there’s no place like home” on several of those outings, but we always came back with a boatload of bugs (lobsters). Ahh, the good old days. Beers and fresh fish tacos at the Tiki Bar!

@Soloist

Narcosis is still my go to boat when the seas are up and I cannot get out of Boynton Beach or Jupiter. It's a good boat and I can recommend Capt Alex and the Christinas. Sometimes us older folks just need to move on. I also have many fond memories of going out with Van, Finch, and Damien :)

Make sure you dive the Blue Heron bridge on your trip, at least a couple of times. Pura Vida Divers can set you up with a map and tanks/weights.

I can vouch for Starfish Scuba out of Boynton. Have done one of their Goliath trips on the Castor every year the past 5 years or so. Great site and never disappointing in the activity of grouper congregating there. Problem for your group, would be the depth as you would hit 100' on this wreck. Send a message, or check their site, I think they show which dives are scheduled there, and I know occasionally they double dip that wreck so you can certainly get your fill. I saw some posts from last weekend that the grouper are already starting to hang out. Enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom