West Palm Beach in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anybody know charters that do afternoon or evening dives out of WPB? I tried Walker's, Pura Vida and Narcosis. No luck.

Thanks

Anybody know charters that do afternoon or evening dives out of WPB? I tried Walker's, Pura Vida and Narcosis. No luck.

Thanks

Pura Vida and Narcosis do afternoon charters on the weekends. With the pandemic they have almost all gone to just one charter a day on weekdays typically 10 am - 2 pm.

What a trip!

Got in 5 dives in two days, 4 morning boat dives with Walkers and an afternoon dive at BHB with a guide form Force-E.

Within 10 minutes of dropping at Flower Garden yesterday, saw a hammerhead out in the sand. Over the rest of yesterdays dives, we got lemon, nurse and bull sharks as well. Nice friendly loggerhead at Breakers, and several large eels.

Today, we did Breakers again in the opposite direction, seeing the same critters with the addition of a huge Southern Stingray laying in the sand, a large cornetfish that came right up to me, and a large nurse shark just laying out in the open. Toy Box had Goliath Grouper and a bull shark that circled us the whole dive, once almost sneaking up on the DM- she turned around just in time. Back on the boat, she said she almost called the dive after that, as she did not like the way the bull was behaving.

Highlight was the end of the Toy Box dive, DM and I were only ones left at around 50 minutes. As I was making my way up for safety stop, I noticed a small hawksbill in one of the concrete structures. I signaled the DM, and we went down. The little guy swam right out and up to us, checked us out all around and them led us up to our safety stop at what I can only assume is the perfect rate of ascension. Really special encounter, and made the whole trip worth it for me.

I had arranged previously (through Walkers) to meet the Force-E guide at the bridge for the 1:00 pm High Tide. We had brought an extra tank on board, and one of the crew offered to bring my dry bag to Force-E after they docked. Capt Bill drove me right outside the swim area at the bridge and I jumped off to swim to shore and meet the guide. Got there around noon, so had time to relax and watch the bridge come to life. Did a really nice, leisurely 90 minute dive at the bridge, saw batfish, rockfish, all types of crabs, another large stingray, and the rest of the usual suspects.

All in all, a really great trip and I can't wait to get back down here.

Thanks all for your advice and suggestions.

What a trip!

Got in 5 dives in two days, 4 morning boat dives with Walkers and an afternoon dive at BHB with a guide form Force-E.

Within 10 minutes of dropping at Flower Garden yesterday, saw a hammerhead out in the sand. Over the rest of yesterdays dives, we got lemon, nurse and bull sharks as well. Nice friendly loggerhead at Breakers, and several large eels.

Today, we did Breakers again in the opposite direction, seeing the same critters with the addition of a huge Southern Stingray laying in the sand, a large cornetfish that came right up to me, and a large nurse shark just laying out in the open. Toy Box had Goliath Grouper and a bull shark that circled us the whole dive, once almost sneaking up on the DM- she turned around just in time. Back on the boat, she said she almost called the dive after that, as she did not like the way the bull was behaving.

Highlight was the end of the Toy Box dive, DM and I were only ones left at around 50 minutes. As I was making my way up for safety stop, I noticed a small hawksbill in one of the concrete structures. I signaled the DM, and we went down. The little guy swam right out and up to us, checked us out all around and them led us up to our safety stop at what I can only assume is the perfect rate of ascension. Really special encounter, and made the whole trip worth it for me.

I had arranged previously (through Walkers) to meet the Force-E guide at the bridge for the 1:00 pm High Tide. We had brought an extra tank on board, and one of the crew offered to bring my dry bag to Force-E after they docked. Capt Bill drove me right outside the swim area at the bridge and I jumped off to swim to shore and meet the guide. Got there around noon, so had time to relax and watch the bridge come to life. Did a really nice, leisurely 90 minute dive at the bridge, saw batfish, rockfish, all types of crabs, another large stingray, and the rest of the usual suspects.

All in all, a really great trip and I can't wait to get back down here.

Thanks all for your advice and suggestions.
Hi @Redfoot

Very glad you had a good visit, your timing was perfect. Perhaps we'll have the chance to dive together someday. Please let me know when you plan to be down again.

Good diving, Craig

Great trip report! I’m super jealous of the hammerhead sighting! That’s a really special thing to see. I’m glad read that you had such a good time!

Yes, I will definitely be back down. Still wrapping my head around the fact I am only 3 hours from Detroit, and then only about 20 mins from PBI. Makes it very convenient for travel, and the diving was incredible. Also plenty for my wife to do while I dive, which is a big plus, although she did not join me this trip.

I would love to come back for turtle nesting season, and the various aggregations I have read about, especially the goliath Groupers. Might look at August?

Going through video later- here is a screen grab from the Hawksbill

Hawks (2).png

Yes, I will definitely be back down. Still wrapping my head around the fact I am only 3 hours from Detroit, and then only about 20 mins from PBI. Makes it very convenient for travel, and the diving was incredible. Also plenty for my wife to do while I dive, which is a big plus, although she did not join me this trip.

I would love to come back for turtle nesting season, and the various aggregations I have read about, especially the goliath Groupers. Might look at August?

Going through video later- here is a screen grab from the Hawksbill

View attachment 648732

Now you know why so many of us can't get enough of diving in Palm Beach County!!

Great screen grab :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom