West Maui dive buddy - Sat, Dec 5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver858

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Will be making a quick trip to Maui in early December, available to dive on Saturday, 12/5. Not crazy about getting up early, spending the entire day going to Lanai, open to some beginner-to-intermediate shore dives.

Ended up diving Mala Wharf and Baby Beach from a boat a few years back, as the conditions were a bit too rough to go out much further.

Open to renting scooters.

Last edited:
Tiny Bubbles has scooters in Kaanapali. Robert is a great guide.

I ended up doing a total of 3 dives with Alex from Maui Diving. Worked out GREAT - just the 2 of us.

Night dive Friday (Dec 4) on Black Rock - conditions were quite good, lots of cool critters, including my first Slipper Lobster, cave on the south side with 4-5 LARGE sleeping turtles.
We ended up doing 2 dives Saturday morning at Kahekili Beach, including a cool little reef he claims they created at about 80 ft, accessible by scooter (and of course a boat). While there is not yet much in the way of coral, there is a cute statue, Alex was particularly excited to see an eel take up residence in the coral. Second dive was the more conventional Kahekili reef dive - saw the BIGGEST / FATTEST moray eel in my life, otherwise the least interesting dive of the 3. Disappointed in myself for being too lazy to pack my camera.

If you are at all interested in West Maui shore dives or scooters, I would highly recommend checking out Maui Diving. .obst

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom