West End Roatan hotel recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oreocookie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey guys,
I’m looking into options for a potential last minute trip to Roatan sometime in April. I’d probably be diving with Coconut Tree, so anything around Halfmoon Bay would be good. Last time I was there was 5 years ago and I stayed in their DMT accomodation, so I really have no frame of reference for what accommodations are like in the area. I don’t want to spend a (small) fortune on it but I do want clean, comfortable and safe.
Recommendations?
Thanks

Coconut Tree has cabins both behind the shop and across the street. Any but the lowest price ones have a useful kitchen. I've been in 3 different ones - older but decent. google it for a few inside pictures. They're not fancy but OK. There's a gate (never closed) and some of the restaurant tables look down on them. The CTD building blocks any water views.

Contact Gay and ask her to set you up. My friends got a small discount since we also dove with them.

Half Moon Bay Cabins

they also have a sister property in West Bay (nicer beach) and will pick you up there - West Bay Beach Cabins.

Other West End options from their website - several of these are fronted by one of the loud bars. Accommodations

Last edited:
Other West End options from their website - several of these are fronted by one of the loud bars. Accommodations

Thanks for pointing out that list, I’d missed it before. Currently eyeing the Bay Side Hotel which was definitely not there last time I was there but the research continues for now.

Splash Inn has some nice rooms and options for close to the road/restaurant and a bit quieter

Splash Inn, great rooms, dive centre, restaurant/bar all for a great price and run by great people too

Next time you visit, check out Las Orquideas or www.caribbeancolorsrentals.com. They have some great vacation rentals including one bedroom apartments with water views for about $60 / night. It is where I stay. The price is right. The location can't be beat as they are in a quiet area on the Half Moon Bay side of West End. They even have great water views.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom