West End Memorial Day trip - dive site opinions?

Your Top 3 West End Dive Spots for May/June

• Tiger Beach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bootle Bay spots

• THeo's Wreck

• Garden of Eden

• Mt. Olympus

• Ann's Paradise

• Other (leave in comments)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dontezuma

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My family is planning a trip to West End for Memorial Day this year, and I'm looking at possible dive stops. One option is to head ESE from Stuart to Tiger Beach before heading into West End, but I was wondering about shark activity there at that time. I know the sharks are more prevalent in winter, but wasn't sure if they were totally gone, or just not quite as prevalent in the late spring.

We'll be staying in Bootle Bay, which I know has some great dives right near shore. I'm also trying to figure out where Garden of Eden and Mt. Olympus are. Does anyone have a link to share or coordinates?

This will be our first trip to the Bahamas, so any words of wisdom will be well received. Thanks!

The Smiths...

Also, anyone in the South Florida who might be looking at making a trip across, buddy boats are always a good idea... Our itinerary:
Trailer boat to Stuart/Jupiter Friday, hotel. Saturday to Tiger Beach, dive, then to customs in West End, check in to marina, and dick around for the evening. Explore a little, maybe snorkel... Sunday, head around to Freeport and dive there, refill tanks while grabbing lunch, dive a little more, then back to Bootle bay. Monday, check out of customs and head back home.

Your posts brought back many good memories we have of going over to West End and Freeport on my aunt and uncle's old 23 foot Makko, which we used to do from WPB as they lived on Lake Worth near the inlet. This was mostly in the 80s up to 2000s. Great trips and lots of fun.
Enjoy!

@scubadada Thanks for the link. I figured that even if we weren't feeding the sharks up at Tiger Beach, there'd be sharks around. Maybe not? There's also supposed to be a huge coral head there on the ledge, but I haven't found coordinates yet. We are planning to swing around to the Freeport side Sunday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom