West End Bahamas Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaangel

Reaction score
I enjoyed my liveaboard 11/6-11/10 to West End Bahama. As I posted in another thread this was the first time I used an External Flash with my Reefmaster DC200. Seems like some of the pictures are dark, and they are. Some looked black but when I opened them I had an image captured, and it was not too bad. There were a series of them that were just pure black no images. I don't know what happened.

I did adjust the strobe on the last two dives so that the sensor was not angled and those pictures seem better.

I am attaching some of them here. I especially like the French Angelfish. We saw alot of sharks and I took a few good photos of them, too.

I can't wait to do some more diving to get more practice.

oops, ment to attach the angelfish too. Here they are.

Seaangel, nice photos. Your shark photos look similar to shark photos I've taken with a Reefmaster digital -- lots of deep blue. I found that there was no amount of light from the Sealife strobe that could illuminate the far off sharks, so I just switched the strobe off whenever anything was beyond 3 feet, which cut back on backscatter. I had the same experience with "dark" photos displayed underwater on the monitor, but were fine once you had them on your computer screen. Just goes to show that anything you see that is marginal underwater may be salvageable topside. Then again, I took some photos that I thought were really nice to find them out of focus too bright once topside. Thanks for sharing from your trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom