West Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

on_two_wheels

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
With SOOOOO much military and soooo much diving on the west coast, will diveheart eventually be here? I'd love to volunteer and do some diving with my bretheren but I'm in So Cal.

Hi there,

There are a few programs already in place in SoCal. The Disabled Veterans SCUBA Project (DVSP) is loosely affiliated with Diveheart and we do have several volunteer opportunities coming up as soon as next weekend. Check out the website: Disabled Veterans SCUBA Project > Home and get in touch with Melvin Pasley. He's also here on SB.

Thanks for your interest,
Gerald

Diveheart does not have a location in So Cal. but we have provided training for groups there that work with the disabled as has Handicap SCUBA Association.

If you call the Diveheart office here in Chicago they would be perfectly willing to work with you and help try and refer you to an organization in your area. Just go to Diveheart Foundation Official Website for the contact information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom