West Caicos lodging????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marianne777

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
my friend and i just booked our flights to turks & caicos for beginning of april. we'll want to do west caicos diving and it's pretty pricey with caicos adventures ($165 for 2-tank dives). so i'm trying to research lodging on west caicos because it supposedly has the best diving. no such luck. are there no hotels on west caicos? how about dive ops? what's the water temp during that time? 3mm or 55mm wetsuit? we'll prob do only 2-3 days of consecutive diving since we're only there for a few days.

Something doesn't sound right about that pricing. Are you sure that's not the 3-tank dive price ? They also usually include lunch on their West Caicos trips.

The wiki page is correct, it's basically uninhabited aside from whatever is going on with the construction and there's no lodging or dive ops there. And the boat trips from Provo to there will be pricy 'cause it's a longish trip. There are some less expensive places to stay on Provo but basically it's not a budget destination.

I don't know if it would work out any cheaper or make sense for just a few days, but you could look into an inter island flight to Grand Turk and stay and dive there. Or maybe even Salt Cay or S Caicos. (Though I read something recently about one of the 2 local airlines buying the other so without competition I don't know what those faras are like either.)

Two tank trips with lunch are $119 on C.A. website. There is lodging planned and perhaps partially built but there is nothing right now on W. Caicos.

News clip below:
Thttp://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2008/10/20/63126/543/hotels/Ritz_Carlton_West_Caicos_Hits_a_Hostage_Snaghe liveaboards do dives at W. Caicos.

RiHotel News
Ritz-Carlton West Caicos Hits a Hostage Snag
Where: West Caicos Reserve, Turks and Caicos
October 20, 2008 at 9:15 AM | 0 Comments

A year ago we were dreaming of finding buried treasure at the Ritz-Carlton West Caicos Reserve, which was meant to be up and running by late 2008--that's any minute now. But news out of the West Caicos makes it sound rather sure that we're going to have to wait a bit longer for our luxury eco-resort stay.

We last week of something as exciting as hostage-taking on the island, somehow related to the Ritz-Carlton development. Turns out that the entire resort project went on hold a few weeks ago when the financing bank became insolvent and the Chinese workers there hadn't been paid since June--so they took their Israeli bosses hostage and demanded their pay.

It's all been sorted out now (and they've been paid, apparently) but it doesn't look good for the Ritz-Carlton West Caicos part of the deal. No word yet on whether building will start again soon but clearly a late 2008 opening is out of the question.

Last edited:
Two tank trips with lunch are $119 on C.A. website.
QUOTE]

We're booked to dive with CA in May, so I was looking into prices too. CA does also have package deals for multiple days of diving, so if you dive 3 days, the price is $335 ($111 per 2-tank trip). It sounds like food on the island is expensive, so the fact that lunch is included in this price makes it pretty reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom