West Bali National Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sushi Boy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Looking at a trip for this summer and Bali is working it's way to the top of my list.

I'm considering the possibility of a few days of diving in West Bali National Park, followed by a couple of touristy days in Ubud.

Does anybody have recent first-hand experience diving West Bali National Park? I'm hoping for a location that offers diving that won't be too challenging for my s/o with less than 20 dives, but still offers enough to be interesting for me.

Also, if anyone has first-hand experience staying at the Menjangan and/or diving with Blue Season Bali, I'd love to hear your feedback on those.

TIA

Menjangan diving is OK. I stayed in Mimpi, in one of those bungalows with hot spring piped directly to the jacuzzi inside the bungalow compound. That’s nice. Other than that, I won’t bother going to Menjangan or to Secret Bay for diving. Way too far of a driving for a mediocre diving. Stick with Tulamben area.

I have dived both and find each interesting, we usually stay at Amertha and use Dray at Bali Diving Academy who are great. The bonus at Amertha is you get a pool to yourself if you book the whole villa.
The fish life at Menjangan can be fantastic and I would say better than Tulamben (though the bump head parrots are cool there)
The diving in the bay at Pemuteran is ok too with plenty of small stuff to interest you, I would say I saw as much Macro there as on my dives at Tulamben, the diving is easy too with little or no current
B5705374-C0F4-4446-947F-1223E9DEC6B3.jpeg
44A711C1-8585-4C71-9C0D-AC675A1DDB0E.jpeg
643D4272-6244-4633-92DD-BD852EDD4FD9.jpeg
B2DE1081-864F-43EE-87A3-01D57882A637.jpeg
A1F25273-C01B-42D6-85E0-E6EE3F4A4607.jpeg
75110314-F8D8-4476-8254-98083C4CA51D.jpeg
E36E81CB-7703-494E-BB22-D8F17A7DDECA.jpeg

The diving in the bay at Pemuteran is ok too with plenty of small stuff to interest you, I would say I saw as much Macro there as on my dives at Tulamben,
Errrh... who were you diving with in Tulamben?

I used Tulamben Wreck Divers, I had the same DM for all my 12 dives and he was excellent

I used Tulamben Wreck Divers, I had the same DM for all my 12 dives and he was excellent
Ok only 12 dives in T'ben I undesrtand why...
However most if not all of the seasoned divers in Bali would not share your opinion, honestly Pemuteran is a step if not two below Tulamben when it comes to macro..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom