Wes Skiles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

_Kurt_

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Wes Skiles premiered his new film last night at the Priest Theater in High Springs, FL. It is called "Water's Journey" and is an excellent film. It will show in September on PBS. He took questions from the audience afterward and was gracious enough to have his picture taken with me afterward. Wes is on the left, I am next in the yellow shirt, and the woman on the end is one of the divers in the film and the gentleman between us is her husband. I am excited to have been there and awed by his skill. Kurt

Kurt,
I am really lookingf forward to viewing Wes's work. It's amazing what you can do when you have that quality of equipment and his experience. Was the film mostly caves?
That lady and gentleman in the photo with you is Jill and Paul Heinrith. They are two of the most experienced explorer calibre divers around. They are both very pleasant and approachable people. The dives they did with Wes on an Antarctic expedition was awesome.
Larry

I know every single person in that photo. :D

Jill and Paul Heinerth are great people. Jill was my cave instructor.

Wendy,
I think you were very fortunate to have Jill as an instructor. I have observed her classes and really like her style. Trying to get worked into her schedule is normally the problem. Good instructors like Jill are worth the wait.

Jill was the producer on the film, if I remember correctly. They also showed the Antarctic expedition film. It was very interesting! The film "Water's Journey" was about the path that water takes through the Floridan Aquifer. There was lots of footage as they followed the path of the water flow. They said they shot for 10 days to get the 1 hour of footage they used. It was all high-definition digital imaging, andWes said they blew it up for the Omnimax and it suffered no significant degradation to the image quality. Too cool! Kurt (Hi, Wendy!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom