We're going to Caicos in 12 days ! Tell us what it's like there!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubby-doo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
IF you have been to Caicos recently ( within last 1-2 years) please tell us your experiences. What was good ? What was bad ? What is the real time of boat travel from Provo to the remote ( good quality ) dive spots ? I have seen quite a wide range, from 30 min - 90 mins ! What is most likely ?
How many Bonine pills for each day is needed?
Will Caicos adventures let us dive our computer profile ? We each have our own comp. We will stay at Ocean club on Grace bay. What should we expect to pay for a dinner for two ? say a seafood entry and 1 glass wine each... $80-100 ?
Should we rent a car for one day and goto the grocery store and stock up on food ?
Can we bring back duty free booze , 6 bottles each ? Good cigar shops near grace bay area ?
:eyebrow:

Well, we answered a bunch of these questions in your other thread, and you're going to Providenciales, Turks and Caicos.

From Southside Marina which is where Caicos Adventures boat leaves from, the trip is 45 minutes to 1 hour to Northwest Point or West Caicos dive sites. You will also be taking a bus from the shop near your hotel to the marina that is about a 15 minute ride.

I have no idea how seasick you get or how much Bonine you'll need. That's a rather personal thing. Your dive trip will leave around 9am and you'll be back at the dock around 3pm. You can use your own personal experiences to judge.

You will likely spend closer to $100 for a nice dinner for two, but you can spend substantially more if you choose to. Again, I have no idea if you'd actually cook so I can't say if a trip to grocery store would be a wise move. If you do go, expect to spend about double whatever the same groceries would cost at home.

Yes, booze; yes, cigars. Don't buy Cubans, you won't be allowed to bring them back to the states.

Rachel

Personally I would have gone to Grant Turk instead, all the dive sites are within 10 minutes or less, the resturants are cheaper and fewer tourists. Occasionally you might see a load of Pod people go by but they usually stay on the other end of the island form most of the hotels.

http://www.scubamage.com/files/Diving_Grand_Turk.pdf

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom