Welland 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy_Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How are conditions at Welland? A group of us are planning to come on Wednesday July 11th. Big question: Is the johnny on the job in place? :)

The scuba park actually had a brand new (well, couple of years now or so) high-tech washroom installed. It's quite nice, solar powered and clean. The trick is figuring out that the door that normally faces you is just for maintenance and locked. The entrance is the opposite side.

Water temp was 15°C on the 17th of June - it should be much warmer now, probably 20 or more.

The scuba park actually had a brand new (well, couple of years now or so) high-tech washroom installed. It's quite nice, solar powered and clean. The trick is figuring out that the door that normally faces you is just for maintenance and locked. The entrance is the opposite side.

Water temp was 15°C on the 17th of June - it should be much warmer now, probably 20 or more.

I went there on June 22th and it was warmer than that. Can't recall the exact temperature but I think it was closer to 20. I noticed the lines were a bit harder to find than I remember before and one of them I followed wasn't tied to anything so I am not sure if that line got broken or what happened there.

But overall it was pretty good and the old bridge was nice to go to as well.

I also got confused with the bathroom they have there now. I swear I remember entering from that side so I was confused when I had to go around to the other side. Always nice to have a spot to change since many don't have that!

Was at Welland Scuba Park on 2018-Nov-09 and the water temp was 9C. Although with the air temp being close to around 3C, I did see the steam coming off the canal. It won't be long if we have enough of this negative temp that ice starts to form.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom