Well i installed my first P-Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opie

Divemaster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just lost a Drysuit to the USPS so i was kinda gun shy about sending my new one out. So i decided to tackle this project my self. Honestly its not that difficult,if you have any kind of DIY skill this is a piece of cake. I did glue mine just for the simple fact,it made me feel better about it and i wasn't planning on removing it no time soon. So on to the procedure. All I done was cut a small slit where i had marked it at then took a pair of (rusty)emt shears and cut the hole out. I took the retaining nut and traced the inside circle of it onto the suit,so i would have a general idea of how big to make the hole. Sanded both sides that were gonna be glued,then applied the glue to the bottom(inside) part first. Then the outside retaining nut. Screwed it on and snugged it up with a pair of pliers. Haven't tested it out yet but i'm getting in the water monday so i guess we will see then. photo 3-2.jpgphoto 2-4.jpgphoto 1-5.jpgphoto 2-5.jpgphoto 3-3.jpgphoto 4-2.jpg

I like how you put up pictures. It will make it so much easier for someone who comes along later wanting to DIY to see what you did. :cool3:

I prefer to use a punch to get a cleaner hole, or I'll use an exacto knife with a number 11 blade and a drafting template with an appropriately sized circle as a guide. In a pinch I'll trace the circle and cur freehand with a pair of small sharp scissors for more control.

Congrats on the suit surgery. I should have done mine myself. I sent it to DUI for the install and was told that my suit needed a new zipper. It was held hostage until I paid for it (as well as the unknown leak test fee). Never had an issue with the old zipper and I better not have an issue with the new one either.

Congrats on the suit surgery. I should have done mine myself. I sent it to DUI for the install and was told that my suit needed a new zipper. It was held hostage until I paid for it (as well as the unknown leak test fee). Never had an issue with the old zipper and I better not have an issue with the new one either.

Thats why i decided to attempt this myself. I prefer to be able to fix things myself

Back
Top Bottom