WELCOME to the Uemis Manufacturer Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michael Gerhartz

Contributor
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome everybody to our Uemis SDA manufacturer forum. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about the new Uemis SDA, this is the place to post.
I will do my best to reply as soon as possible.
We will also use this forum to announce new developments and upgrades.

For general information and a list of dealers in North America, you can visit Startseite - uemis DiveWorld.

Uemis Dive World can be found at Home - uemis DiveWorld

If someone wants to contact me privately, please do so at easydive@seaside.ns.ca

I hope you find this forum helpful and I would like to thank you very much for your interest

Safe diving

Michael Gerhartz

Hi Michael,

I wondered when UEMIS would get a manufacturers slot.

Hope its goes well. I have 2 on their way to me from Mike at DRIS. Looking forward to getting them.

Hi Michael,

I have 2 questions for you:

1) I didn't find any Uemis online dealer in Italy. Do Italian customers have to use your online eShop ?
2) Do you intend to add a compass to the SDA in the near future ?

I'm interested especially in the second question, because I'm trying to convince my wife to let me buy a new computer :) and the only thing that makes me still hesitate in buying an SDA is the lack of a compass, a feature that I really appreciate in my Uwatec Galileo SOL…. But that magnificent OLED display is really one of those temptations Oscar Wilde would have said he couldn't resist.

Thanks.

Hello Sergio,

I monitor the North American market, so I do not know how is currently a dealer in Italy. Best bet would be to ask that question at info@uemis.com. They can give you the latest list of dealers.

At the moment I do not think that we will include a compass in the unit.

Michael

Greetings Michael,

Where can the product be purchased on-line in the USA? The videos of the display are quite tempting even though I have a perfectly functioning Galileo Sol.

Hello Sergio,

I monitor the North American market, so I do not know how is currently a dealer in Italy. Best bet would be to ask that question at info@uemis.com. They can give you the latest list of dealers.

At the moment I do not think that we will include a compass in the unit.

Michael

Thank you Michael for replying.

I have tested the SDA a few days ago and compared to my Galileo SOL. I must say that the Zurich SDA is an outstanding computer with a magnificent display (I am a software engineer and I have some experience with displays in general and the Euemis’s is simply beautiful), but there are just 3 things that, in my opinion, would make it even better and practically the best dive computer ever:

1) A compass. Other professional computers have it, like Galileo, Mares Icon HD, almost all Suunto professional products and many others. I really do not understand why Uemis ignored such an important feature.
2) Color management. I know others on this forum have suggested to change the orange for warnings because it could get mixed up with red used for alarms. I agree with that, but giving the user the possibility to choose color combinations could be even better.
3) A user replaceable battery make feel more independent from possible (even if unlikely) trips to support centers. I would feel much better if I know I can manage myself ordinary maintenance.

Maybe I’m totally wrong, but I think it would be to your benefit trying to collect as much information as possible from your customers in order to get ideas on future developments….but maybe you are already doing so.

Hello Sergio,

I actually do appreciate all comments and suggestions. Usually what I do is that I make some notes on which features or functions have been suggested most. Once a week or every 10 days I report those news to Switzerland.
It turns out that the "americans" want completely different functions than the "europeans", which is kind of interesting to see ( and once in a while it is a pita as well...:D)

Thanks

Michael

My biggest hope is that if a major structural change of the computer does come out, like a built in compass or user changeable batteries, then UEMIS recognises the faith of the people who bought in during UEMIS's early days and offer a favourable trade-in package so that we can update as well. Fingers crossed!

Michael thanks again for your excellent work as a go-between for information between us and Switzerland - it was a big factor in my decision to purchase UEMIS computers!

Hi Michael,

I have been in the US some time and it isn’t hard to believe that requests overseas are different , but I’m sure the Europeans aren't the only ones to ask for a built in compass :D ….you add it and the day after my Galileo SOL is on eBay :wink: .

Anyway; thank you very much for the time you spend to listen to us.

Sergio

Back
Top Bottom