Welcome To The Thermo Valves Forum!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thermo Valves

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for visiting and welcome to the Thermo Valves forum!

The Thermo Valve scuba valve has been in our community for more than twenty years and there are more than one million Thermo scuba valves that have been put into service. We want to thank all of our customers and friends for your support and we look forward to the next twenty years and beyond.

Thermo Valves is excited to be a part of ScubaBoard. Please feel free to use this forum for any questions or comments you may have about our products or to see what others may have to say. While our scuba valves can be found around the world - it is the knowledge and suggestions from our users that we count on to make better products.

So thanks to ScubaBoard for all you do and thanks to our customers for making Thermo Valves the scuba valve of choice. We look forward to hearing from you!

Welcome aboard, I have your valves on all of my tanks. Good stuff!

I was never aware that you guys were in Santa Rosa, CA. I'm a native of there, born & raised in SR, just moved to AZ a couple years ago. I'll have to look you up when I come to visit. Oh, I love Thermo valves too, have 'em on most of our tanks.

Hi Rick, I use Thermo valves/manifolds on all my tanks. I'm just about to start my deco class, and seeing as I'll be using up to and including 100% O2, I was just curious as to Thermo's position on using their valves for O2 use. I know TONS of people that do it already, I was just curious if Thermo had any insight to add to this topic.

Thanks,
Jim

Hi Rick, I use Thermo valves/manifolds on all my tanks. I'm just about to start my deco class, and seeing as I'll be using up to and including 100% O2, I was just curious as to Thermo's position on using their valves for O2 use. I know TONS of people that do it already, I was just curious if Thermo had any insight to add to this topic.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim-

We are asked often about our position on EAN mixtures and oxygen. The quick and easy response is to direct you to the below link on our website which discusses oxygen enriched air. Certain SCUBA valves manufactured by Thermo Valves are classified as “EAN Ready” and this is indicated by the letter “E” after the lot number on the valve. It further states that an “EAN Ready” valve may be used with oxygen enriched breathing air up to 40% oxygen maximum! Please take a minute to go to that link and see other important items and warnings which are discussed.

Oxygen Enriched Air

With this in mind, Thermo Valves does not support the use of our “EAN Ready” SCUBA valves with an oxygen concentration above 40%.

But why do we take this stand? We are a compressed gas cylinder valve manufacturer and make valves for a wide range of products including LPG, semiconductor gases, industrial gases, medical use and of course SCUBA. With good design, manufacturing & cleaning practices along with appropriate testing we manufacture valves for oxygen or oxidizing gases often. The difficulty unique with SCUBA is how to keep an oxygen valve in an oxygen clean condition once it is put into service. Water can get inside a SCUBA tank and this water has to pass through the valve to get into the cylinder. The water either came from the oceans or lakes we dive in or the cooling tanks that are used in the filling process. Just how clean is that water? Once that water passes through the valve, is the valve still in an “oxygen clean” condition? I pose both of these as questions because we don’t know the answer since we have no idea where the water came from on a case by case basis.

What we do have is a very good track record by limiting our “EAN Ready” valves for use with oxygen enriched breathing air up to 40% oxygen maximum. The experience of over a million Thermo SCUBA valves in service has brought us to this policy. Because at the end of the day, the safety of the user is our prime consideration.

Hope this helps!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom