Welcome to the Stahlsac Forum!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stahlsac

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
Hello scuba divers! Welcome to the Stahlsac forum. Please feel free to post any questions or comments. We look forward to answering them so you can get the maximum enjoyment out of Stahlsac products and GO ANYWHERE!

Ryan
Stahlsac

Comment...........The only Stahlac item(I believe) I own is a 20 YO mesh dive epuipment bag(red mesh with blue material ends----lol I think that's the color scheme, don't have it in front of me here @ the office..:)).......It has held up for MANY dive trips(?a hundred fifty+) & STILL going (VERY)strong.....In fact ,a couple of years ago I bought a new one(non Stahlsac) on sale online & bought it thinking 'this old bag is probably gunna give out any trip now--BUT---that thing is GOING STRONG--& the one I still use day in & day out......I use the new one I bought to store misc dive equipment in in my closet.........

One day, my Stahlsac is gunna give out, but looks like not any time soon........Thanks for the quality product I bought MANY years ago.......Joe

Hi Mikeycanuk

Currently, Stahlsac is only distributed in the US. However, BARE Sports in Burnaby gets a special line of dive luggage produced from Stahlsac named BARE by Stahlsac. Their bags are on the BARE website, BARE.

Thanks Mikeycanuk.

---------- Post added May 15th, 2014 at 03:03 PM ----------

Diver 85

Thanks for the great compliment Joe! I hope it lasts another 20!

How timely. Just the other day I noticed the stiffener bars in the sides of my Jamaican Smuggler had snapped (in more than one place). I wouldn't even have noticed had I not compared it with my wife's identical Jamaican Smuggler. The stiffener bars appear to be retained inside sewn-shut tubes in the fabric and are not user-removable/replaceable. Can this be fixed? I have probably traveled with it several times while the stiffeners were broken and never noticed it, as it doesn't really affect the performance of the bag. I'm inclined to do nothing about it. But since you are right here on SB, I might as well ask.

Hi Mikeycanuk

Currently, Stahlsac is only distributed in the US. However, BARE Sports in Burnaby gets a special line of dive luggage produced from Stahlsac named BARE by Stahlsac. Their bags are on the BARE website, BARE.

Thanks Mikeycanuk.

---------- Post added May 15th, 2014 at 03:03 PM ----------

Diver 85

Thanks for the great compliment Joe! I hope it lasts another 20!

Need to take a pic of it & post it here.....now that I think about it, I think it's closer to 25 YO ie I think I bought it in about '89 or '90........

How timely. Just the other day I noticed the stiffener bars in the sides of my Jamaican Smuggler had snapped (in more than one place). I wouldn't even have noticed had I not compared it with my wife's identical Jamaican Smuggler. The stiffener bars appear to be retained inside sewn-shut tubes in the fabric and are not user-removable/replaceable. Can this be fixed? I have probably traveled with it several times while the stiffeners were broken and never noticed it, as it doesn't really affect the performance of the bag. I'm inclined to do nothing about it. But since you are right here on SB, I might as well ask.

Hello? Are you checking back here, Stahlsac?

I suppose if I have a genuine service issue, I should be contacting Stahlsac directly rather than asking in this forum, but I figured since Stahlsac opened the door here, I would avail myself.

Hi Lorenzoid....Sorry for the delay! We have been quite busy ramping up for the summer rush. We definitely would love to get the issue resolved. Is there any way you can PM me a couple pics of the bag? I can forward those to our service technician Chris and see what can be done to fix the stiffeners.

Thanks Lorenzoid!

It's your fault that I haven't purchased a new Stahlsac. I bought a Stahlsac bag in 1999 and it is still going. No wheels, no hidden pockets, just a solid bag that I have traveled with, carried everywhere and it is still hanging on. If you didn't build such a good bag then I probably would have gotten another by now. I call it thrifty but my wife calls me cheap. Alas age is creeping up on me so I may be in the market REAL soon. Unless I get buried in it, I'm guessing my next Stahlsac will outlast me. Thanks for a great product.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom