Welcome Scuba Boarders!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USIA:
Our Techni-flex series doesn't come in Camo, but our Aqua Pro Plus does!!! Here is a link to a Photo. www.usia.com/military/?p=43. I could also have a matching BC made if you really want to dazzle them.
I've already got the camo wings (Thanks Tobin) and they get a lot of comments. Does this come with the socks or boots only?

This is so funny.....me and a dive buddy were just laughing about how funny it would be to surface on a crowded beach, wearing a cammie drysuit,holding an old paintball gun or something, and start yelling into your dive computer about how the damn sub had dropped you at the wrong location again-

I bought an Aqua Pro Plus suit at Underwater Works on a day when USIA had a rep out there. I do love this suit.

I had hard sole boots attached to mine. I may be interested in either latex sox or neoprene sox for use with over-boots. Do you have any photos of these options? I don't believe my LDS has any suits stocked with them. How much would it cost to have my suit changed over?

Dhillyer:
I bought an Aqua Pro Plus suit at Underwater Works on a day when USIA had a rep out there. I do love this suit.

I had hard sole boots attached to mine. I may be interested in either latex sox or neoprene sox for use with over-boots. Do you have any photos of these options? I don't believe my LDS has any suits stocked with them. How much would it cost to have my suit changed over?

Here is a link to the picture of our Over Boot. http://www.usia.com/consumer/?p=144
I'm not sure on the cost, but is is an easy procedure that wouldn't take very long. If you go with an overboot, I suggest the Latex sock.

Jerry,

What would you consider are the pros and cons of both kinds of socks? I have used the latex socks for the last couple of years but I was always a little concerned that I might puncture them, although I never did. I was thinking about switching to the neoprene socks as they seemed like they might be more durable and provide some thermal improvements. What is your opinion?

Thanks,

Gillty

Gillty:
Jerry,

What would you consider are the pros and cons of both kinds of socks? I have used the latex socks for the last couple of years but I was always a little concerned that I might puncture them, although I never did. I was thinking about switching to the neoprene socks as they seemed like they might be more durable and provide some thermal improvements. What is your opinion?

Thanks,

Gillty
Personally, I like latex sox. They just fit better inside of most overboots. Neo's are more durable and offer a little warmth as well, but you have to size up a pair of boots 2-3 sizes. We use the highest quality latex and it seems to last a long time.

I got to say, I love the suit I got in January, I ordered the Aqua-Pro plus. This was my first suit I know it sounds crazy but I'm a big guy (6'4 and 350#) and knew I would need something custom, and in our part of the country a dry suit seemed only right, my LDS recommended USIA and I could not be happier. I used it for my certification dives in the same month. Thanks for the obvious craftsmenship you put into your product. Thanks again.... the picture is coming - don't be scared it's a big suit.

Back
Top Bottom