Weird perdix issue.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaZach1993

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I did a dive on may 6th with my perdix while teaching a class. Dive profile was 30 feet max depth 30 minute dive. We got out of the water and computer wrapped up it's dive like normal. Today may 10th I turned on my perdix and it's in the middle of a dive going from 150 to 175 feet in depth. Giving off cns warnings, saying I passed a deco stop at 200 some feet. And every warning in the book going off. All of this at the surface. I took the battery out and put it back in still thinks I'm at depth. Any ideas of how to get it out of this dive? Im currently leaving battery out overnight.

PXL_20220511_052041642.jpg

It seems like your computer misses its home. Quick trip to Shearwater can solve that. Also if I were you I wouldn’t dive with that computer because there is no way to know what else can/will go wrong.

Water temperature will also be weird as comes from the same sensor apparently.

Did you replace the battery before that dive? What firmware is in it?

Did you replace the battery before that dive? What firmware is in it?
It was not replaced before that dive but was still a fairly new battery. Not sure what firmware it is in because I can't get it out of the dive to check, I updated the firmware around last November.

Ok, you probably just have a failed depth sensor. There was an issue last year with a bad firmware update where mine continued tissue loading for a day following a dive. But it was triggered by a battery change.

Also if I were you I wouldn’t dive with that computer because there is no way to know what else can/will go wrong.
How could one dive with it when it’s completely stuck in a “dive” already???

Back
Top Bottom