Weird foot stirrups on Fourth Element undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunny_diver

Registered
Reaction score
I have a couple of undergarments from Fourth Element. The foot stirrups seem weird to me. They often slip off when I put my feet in my boots. This causes the undergarment to bunch up around my ankles.

The stirrups don't really secure around my foot's arch. They mostly grab onto my heel.

Anyone have similar experiences?

That was always my biggest gripe with them. To be fair though, I've used them, OS Systems, and Pinnacle undergarments. None of them had decent foot stirrups. I had a seamstress change the ones on the OS and Pinnacle to 2 inch wide elastic that she found with a grippy surface that went next to my foot.
I no longer have them, but they worked. My 4th element base layer now gets used for cold weather cycling over my bibs and I just used the stirrup as extra layering over my shoes.

I had a seamstress change the ones on the OS and Pinnacle to 2 inch wide elastic that she found with a grippy surface that went next to my foot.

That's a good idea. I always forget about getting custom alterations.

A sock will keep things nicely in place.

I wear a think merino wool sock and the 4th element foot stirrups work just fine over that. I then put a neoprene sock on top to finish things off.

Great tips. I previously had been wearing my socks underneath the stirrups. Wearing them on top made things much better.

I still think elastic stirrups would be better, but it's not horrible now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom