Weird error with Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ATJ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My Perdix AI had been off since I downloaded yesterday's dive this morning. This afternoon it turned itself on. Initially the temperature reading said 218ºC and then it started flashing with Err as per the picture below. If I turn it off it turns back on. I have since removed the battery.

I have emailed Shearwater but was wondering if anyone else has seen this and if it was user fixable.

IMG_8554.jpg

Replace the battery?

Hopefully there’s not a fault. Shearwater has excellent customer service and should sort you out.

I've never seen this issue with mine. Certainly appears to be a fault of some sort that will require servicing. Work with Shearwater on it. I'm sure they will be able to get things straightened out.

I have not seen this error on mine.

Contact the Australian version of Shearwater service center. Might have to start with Shearwater corporate in Canada.

I would try to update to latest firmware first and also change battery and then see if that helps

Shearwater got back to me. It's a depth sensor failure. I have to send it to NZ for repair.

The kicker is that the AP repair centre will be close from 8 to 18 November so it has to get there by 6 November to have any hope of being repaired quickly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom