Weights with nomad LTX?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaalblake

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm currently using a DR Nomad XT......I made by using my transpac rec and adding all the bits.....buttplate.....ring bungees.......weight plate. Has worked great for 50 sm dives while I've been getting into this sm thing but the wing is annoying as it's the wrong shape :(
Mainly drysuit diving so don't use the wing buoyancy much. (Ever)
I'm really taken with the Nomad LTZ for a more streamlined result ......but I need to have 4lbs of weight in the weight plate right now with my drysuit and steel tanks. As far as I can see the LTZ can't take a weight plate? No mount points?
Can anyone using the LTZ tell me how they are adding weight? Where are you fixing it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's nowhere to mount a weight plate to the LTZ. However, needing only 4 lbs, you can attach a couple of 2 lb blocks to the shoulder straps or the waist belt.

Can you elaborate at little more on "wrong shape".
I'm using a similar rig Transpac, rec wing & tech buttplate not the V shaped one. (Fits my broad arse better)
I use old school loop bungies, but to each his own.
I'm in a viking dry suit.

DR recommend a tether with stretchy (bungie) to prevent tachoing of the wing.
But a simple loop through the lower threading tubes, & around the waist belt works well.(see photo) wingattachedwaiststrap2.jpg

I'm currently using a DR Nomad XT......I made by using my transpac rec and adding all the bits.....buttplate.....ring bungees.......weight plate. Has worked great for 50 sm dives while I've been getting into this sm thing but the wing is annoying as it's the wrong shape :(
Mainly drysuit diving so don't use the wing buoyancy much. (Ever)
I'm really taken with the Nomad LTZ for a more streamlined result ......but I need to have 4lbs of weight in the weight plate right now with my drysuit and steel tanks. As far as I can see the LTZ can't take a weight plate? No mount points?
Can anyone using the LTZ tell me how they are adding weight? Where are you fixing it?

I know this is not the classified's, but I have a pair of quick release weight pockets, off my transpac-xt that have seen minimal use.
I'd be prepared to part with them for $25 + Shipping. PM me if interested.
Mike D

Everyone. DR have released a weight plate for the LTZ that's $59 at DIvegearexpress. No picture yet. Gonna order one when I see its real!

Just a quick thought, if you only need 4 lbs, you could add a 2 lb wt to each tank with tank cam band.
Not as nice a solution but would work in a pinch.
I use 3 pound wts on my aluminums.

Also look here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/si...ach-hard-lead-rig.html?highlight=trim+weights
NetDoc has a simple bungie trick for adding 2 lb wts to shoulder straps that would work nicely on the waist belt.

Mike D

Last edited:
I posted a short review of the new LTZ and Weight Plate - with pictures - in the Dive Rite forum. I tried everything in the pool yesterday, and love it! The setup is very similar to the XDeep Stealth but much more affordable. Dive Rite says you can adapt the new weight plate to older LTZs, but you need to get an additional hardware package. I am not sure if you need to send it in to have the hardware sewn in or not...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom