Weights and undergarment wih dry suit question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadobadoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am currently using Bare CT 200 (thinsulate) for undergarment and am wondering if I would require more weight if I were to use fleece of the same thickness. In otherwords, does thinsulate 200 require more/less weight than fleece 200? My wife and I are considering the fleece that is made by Janice that many on this board have praised. Thanks in advance...

scubadobadoo:
I am currently using Bare CT 200 (thinsulate) for undergarment and am wondering if I would require more weight if I were to use fleece of the same thickness. In otherwords, does thinsulate 200 require more/less weight than fleece 200? My wife and I are considering the fleece that is made by Janice that many on this board have praised. Thanks in advance...

those are not the same numbers... basically speaking you are not comparing apples to apples.. it's the number 200 which is throwing you off. Technically speaking 200 gr thinsulate can be a lot warmer than fleece when the suit is compressed, so you will be adding less gas into your suit to stay just as warm as if you were using the fleece suit, hence you will probably need less weight. however, thinsulate suit will, theoretically be less resistant to compression than the fleece, so you may end up being more buoyant.. so, in reality it is hard to answer your question for these two reasons without seeing your "habits" underwater. I can only suggest you try and experiment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom