Weighting on my doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My trim is fine with the keel weight but I felt I was too negative. To reduce the weight I need to either get a smaller keel weight or try a SS backplate and possibly add additional weights to my WAIST belt (not weight belt). The reason I brought up trim is if I remove the keel weight my trim might be off again and I would adjust it with the weights on my waist belt. Seems I have more flexibility with two small pockets on my belt. One other comment, I am doing this prior to the class just for practice, I know I will be spending a lot of time on trim for my first few tech dives. i do appreciate all the feedback!

danbartus:
My trim is fine with the keel weight but I felt I was too negative. To reduce the weight I need to either get a smaller keel weight or try a SS backplate and possibly add additional weights to my WAIST belt (not weight belt). The reason I brought up trim is if I remove the keel weight my trim might be off again and I would adjust it with the weights on my waist belt. Seems I have more flexibility with two small pockets on my belt. One other comment, I am doing this prior to the class just for practice, I know I will be spending a lot of time on trim for my first few tech dives. i do appreciate all the feedback!

Well your first twin-tank tech dive will normally be to adjust your weighting and trim.

I will be surprised if your instructor goes with all these weight-counterweight solutions.

A normal steel backplate, with a relatively light weight belt, normally would give you perfect trim, especially if you are already wearing compact black jetfins.

It is complex enough lugging 2 to 4 deco bottles, a big reel, 3 lights, an argon bottle, and a DPV. Therefore you always would want to keep tech solutions simple.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom