Weight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eweingarden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm getting ready to do my OW dives. When I was in the pool with no wetsuit on I had ten pounds in my BC. Is there a way to roughly approximate what my weight needs will be with a 7mm wetsuit on. Thanks.

On the train so can't dig up the padi numbers for figuring it out but going by experience I would give an extra 4-6 for ocean (depending on build) and carry an extra couple on me for them.

If in doubt go for the higher number but with a couple 1's or 2's you can pass back to the boat after a buoyancy check (or do it the other way around :p)

Edit: ah you going from fresh & no wetsuit to the 7mm... in that case hmmm not sure. I run on minimal change for suit and no suit and its been a while since I've worked it out sorry :(

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

In a 7m I think it's usually around 10% of your body weight. I would start with that and do a buoyancy check.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom