Weight option for doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compressor

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
What do you guys and gals do for weights when using double steel tanks? P weights and belts on belt portion of harness. Anyone use weight pouches stuck under neath the bands?
Thanks

Last edited:
Steel. Post edited.

I really liked the halcyon v-weight pouch -- but you have to use soft weights with it.

I really liked the halcyon v-weight pouch -- but you have to use soft weights with it.
That's a good one as it states 10 lbs and has two pouches. Do you put loose lead shot in it or can you put soft lead preweighted pouches into it?

Never had to use weights with steel doubles, but with aluminum doubles and a heavy wetsuit or a dry suit, I have used the Halcyon v-weight pouch...

When I made mine I wrapped two pencils with aluminum foil and stuck them into the mounting holes before pouring the lead in. Saved me from having to drill the holes later.

Tail weight pouches. A nice option.

My primary doubles are Worthington HP100 - these are slightly short and most of the weight is on the bottom bolt. I've hacked of V weights to hang off of here and recently have been using the extra long tail weight pouch from DSS as it moves the weight an extra couple of inches lower. I've also seen local divers attach a length of webbing to a piece of V weight and attach it to the bottom bolt to get a similar lowering effect.

At our local dive shop, they cast lead weights that are essentially rods so you can also use them to stow your long hose if you don't have a can light. Again, same logic - trying to lower the weight on your belt by a couple of inches compared to the standard bullet or square weights. You can see a photo of what that looks like on this page of my blog - it's the 3rd photo, there are 2 tube weights behind my canister.

Back
Top Bottom