Weight Harness recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi. I just googled this through this site and the results are all quite old...

Does anyone have any thoughts on what is currently available in North America and sturdy?

vs
vs
vs

or something else? I dive a lot and so am looking for secure, heavy duty and hard wearing. I tried buying a random weight harness off of Amazon and it didn't even survive a month... ( pretty sure it was this one and that they might have taken down the original product listings and put it up under a new name )

Ideally I would get something like the DUI harness but without the weight pockets and then thread the weights on directly only using dumpable weight from either BPW integrated weights or through a smaller number of dumpable weight pockets. I am not too worried about having much dumpable lead, I'm underwater about 6 hours a day. It's going to be worn over a 7mm neoprene drysuit so I use quite a lot of weight, which is why a weight belt isn't my favourite thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom