Weekly Phoenix Dive Buddy Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AliM

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have recently gotten back into diving and am looking for a dive buddy to go to Lake Pleasant with on a weekly basis (with exceptions here and there due to schedule). My goal each week has been to develop my skills whether it is buoyancy, navigation, etc., but doing solo dives severely hinders my ability to progress as I force a depth cap on myself for safety.

I am hoping to find a responsible dive buddy who wants to build their dive log and actively work on their skill sets with. I am more than happy to carpool up there. I do not want to do any boat dives (at least not every weekend) as it is too expensive for me, but I would love to do shore dives every weekend, if possible.

My schedule right now works best on Sundays, but I can potentially do Saturday, if absolutely necessary. Please message me if you are interested!

- Ali

Check out the Facebook group called 'Scuba 1'. Lots of people on there that shore dive Pleasant. Also, 'AZ Divers-Dive club' (FB Group) is affiliated with a shop and has info for diving Pleasant.

KB

I have tried Scuba 1 before, but no luck with finding someone who is interested in diving on a regular basis. I will try AZ Divers next. Thanks!

Hi I'm definitely interested in working on my dive skills and building my dive log. I'm a new diver with 6 ocean dives and 4 at Pleasant. My in-laws got me started and hooked but they live in Illinois and I don't know anyone who dives. I'm available Sunday's

Hi I'm definitely interested in working on my dive skills and building my dive log. I'm a new diver with 6 ocean dives and 4 at Pleasant. My in-laws got me started and hooked but they live in Illinois and I don't know anyone who dives. I'm available Sunday's

phxh2odog I dont know anyone who dives either, but would also like to work on some skills and build logs. I just got my OW cert a couple months ago, and dont have any other dives in. If your looking for someone to go some weekend, let me know. I cant this weekend (10/29-30) but the next couple I might be able to, if your interested.

Last edited:
Sounds good! I'll be at Pleasant Nov 4th&5th diving with PHX scuba where I got my OW cert. They're awesome! Maybe we can meet there or plan for another day that's more convenient. Hit me up!

Sounds good! I'll be at Pleasant Nov 4th&5th diving with PHX scuba where I got my OW cert. They're awesome! Maybe we can meet there or plan for another day that's more convenient. Hit me up!
I should be able to make it down this weekend. Sat would be better for me with the drive back up the hill, and have a little time to gas off. What time are you planning on being there, and where? are you going to be with other divers, or tagging along with a class?

Not sure what the spot is called but it's just north of the marina you'll see divers. I'll be there around 9'30, I have a red caravan and the dive shop has a grey-blue truck can't miss us. Looking forward to meeting you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom