Weekday dives @ Gilboa, Portage, or White Star??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k4man

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for anyone interested in diving the north central Ohio quarries during the week and during the day.

I know the weekends are most popular, but it's also when the silt and OW students are out!! Don't get me wrong, I don't mind diving with beginners--that's fine. But when the "pond" is full of the classes, well, it reminds me of pea soup. :(

Anyway, if you're available this week (wk of July 21) or any other week during the summer, please contact me if you need a buddy for 2,3 or 4 dives a day!

this Wednesday (the 23rd) ?

at either Portage OR Whitestar ? (not Gilboa tho' its twice as far away)

I can meet you there anytime from 10am-1pm , lemme know.

I'm good for either, although I will tell you that White Star would be a new dive site for me. If you've been there before and know your way around, I would love to meet up with you for a few dives that day @ White Star.

Do they have fill station open during the week??

Thanks

During the week fills are spotty at best... , I jus' have the one tank so if he's not there its a one tank dive for me, but I'm ok with that...

Don't know if Portage is closer for you or not???

I just checked and White Star is not open for air fills until 5pm on Wednesdays...What do you think??

if you call diver incorporated, in ann arbor, who run the fill station- you can arrange with them to have concession stand open so u can dive on ur schedule. this week won't be any good for me- but next week wed or thursday would be perfect for me

I may be able to make next Wed or Thursday, also....

keep me posted on your availability:wink:

I will be at White Star at 2pm this wednesday and I am diving with students. I can get you airfills if you need them after 2. call the dive center (419) 637 DIVE if you cant find me and they will get a hold of me... if you have two tanks that should be time enough to get two in and then get fills. i would be there earlier but I have an IDC in the morning in Ann Arbor and a meeting with PADI until noon...

it is a drysuit course by the way... so no beginners..

Rich

I know the weekends are most popular, but it's also when the silt and OW students are out!! Don't get me wrong, I don't mind diving with beginners--that's fine. But when the "pond" is full of the classes, well, it reminds me of pea soup. :(

Couldn't resist commenting on your post... last weekend the "pea soup" with the new students was about 30ft of visibility with about 10 classes going... there is either a higher caliber of student at White Star on the weekends :) or it is just clearer most of the time (the sediment there settles pretty fast) :) I will admit though the weekdays are about 60ft of vis which is WAY better.

Hope to see you

Rich

Don't know if Portage is closer for you or not???

I just checked and White Star is not open for air fills until 5pm on Wednesdays...What do you think??

Portage or Whitestar are both about the same distance for me, so either one is cool... I like the idea of being with you at Whitestar for you first time tho', The Crusher Awaits! :)

how about 11am @ Whitestar... I'll try to get a 2nd tank from my LDS so I can do 2 dives regardless of the Fill situation.

Lemme know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom