Weekday Dive Charter in Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UNDR H2O

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Coming to town the middle of March and would love to get wet for a day!
Any offshore charters or inshore diving around the Houston area?
Any help would be appreciated!

March is going to be thin. I would guess that would have to charter a whole boat for yourself. Look up the CHUM group here on SB and maybe you can get some dive buddy hits.

Local lakes are 288 and Blue Lagoon. You would need to dive dry or in a tone of neoprene. The bulk of the local scene will crank up more in April.

Lake 288 is basically a mud hole. Blue lagoon is nice but shallow. If you can make the drive lake Travis is large and deep. There is a guy there that runs a charter called the giant stride. He runs on the weekend but might be worth a call to see if he is willing to go out during the week. There is also a place called windy point that has shore access. I have only entered from the private potion on the weekend but there is a public potion.

I second the dry diving. Water temps are low to mid 50’s anywhere in south Texas this time of year. There is at least one shop I know of that rents dry suits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom