Week-day dive charters in Seattle area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HungoverDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be in Seattle in August for wedding and I was thinking I should do some diving. However, most dive charters seem to only run trips on Sat/Sun, but I'd need a trip on Wednesday or Thursday.

Do you folks know if there are any charters run week-day charters in the summer?

(I'd be bringing my drysuit and all other gear; just need tanks and weights)

That is a long ways out, but a number of charters do midweek on occasion. The main one I can think of is Oceanquest (Ocean Quest Dive Charter | The Northwest Premiere Dive Charter) out of Des Moines (a bit south of Seattle, and a bit rough to get to mid week in rush hour).

The other main ones in the Seattle "area" are:
The Aluminator (out of the Magnolia marina). Couldn't find a website or FB page.
Bandito out of Tacoma (great operation): Bandito Charters | The Scuba Diving Charter Professionals
Lu-Jacks out of Arlington (way up north): Lu-Jac's Quest- Dive Charters in the San Juan Islands

But I have not heard of them going out midweek (I could be mistaken however). I do know that Ocean Quest does go out midweek. Summer is still a long ways off.

There are a couple other small operations, but I haven't used them.

If you are interested in shore dives, let me know and I can help you get set up with gear through Bellevue Divers. Since I work close to there, picking up the gear for you and meeting you for a dive or two isn't an issue.

Kosta

Last edited:
Are you dead set on a charter? We have a lot of easily accessible and pretty good shore diving.

Weekday charters are possible, but the boats generally have a minimum number with which they will go out, so you'd have to round up some other folks who wanted to go, and that's almost always an evening thing.

Depending on what turns out to be your final timing, I also might be able to meet you for a dive or two. I often have weekday availability. You can also post on nwdiveclub.com, which is a local virtual dive club, and frequently very good for finding folks who like to show visitors around our local sites.

Great! When I know my exact travel plans, I'll post there and/or revive this thread to get ahold of people. The wedding is 8/15, so I have wedding duty that day and the day before. So I'll be looking for someone on 8/12 or 8/13 depending on my travel arraignments. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ocean Quest and Aluminator do mid-week evening dives, but you'd have a good time with the many local shore diving opportunities, whether club or shop driven.

I'll be in Seattle in August for wedding and I was thinking I should do some diving. However, most dive charters seem to only run trips on Sat/Sun, but I'd need a trip on Wednesday or Thursday.

Do you folks know if there are any charters run week-day charters in the summer?

(I'd be bringing my drysuit and all other gear; just need tanks and weights)

Just sent you a PM with some of my contact info if you need a buddy or need other info when your here.
There are a bunch of beach dives that are options for you as well if you do not see a charter you like.

Back
Top Bottom