Question Weefine lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ontwreckdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am looking to upgrade my 17 year old Sony Marine Pack (point & shoot in a housing)
I leaning towards an Olympus TG-6 & housing.
Does anyone have any experience with Weefine lights because my local dive shop carries them.
99% of the time I take stills, would this light be suitable for both stills & video? WFS07 Ring Strobe-Weefine
I want to keep the whole thing as compact as possible.
I am just an occasional "picture taker"

Weefine is similar to Kraken lights ( canadian company) . Good stuff
My LDS owner also owns Kraken.

This video light say it has a strobe function and it also comes in a 8000

Reactions: JFS
Sorry, I thought it was the small ring light that attaches to the lens. they make one like that for macro photo video. I have 8000 lumen and they work great for both video and photos. If it has strobe function great. Nice feature with that wf082 light is the remote function. You can add a remote control to it and dial up or down the intensity of the light. I have remote and its awesome. Saves so much battery power because you can quickly turn it up or down when you are ready to shoot rather than leaving it on all the time.

Only the WFS07 is a real strobe (plus a (rather weak) videolight). The other lights cited are pure videolights (but stronger) and the "flash" function is just a short pulse of light emitted from the LEDs.
=> I guess that the 3000 lumen light from the WFS07 will suffice for a TG camera with small sensor. It also provides a usable flash for photos.

I would go for WFS07 first and in case the light is not enough for all video pupose, complement the rig later with a strong video light...

Wolfgang

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom