Wednesday's (5/26) Maui pic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Today's dive was at 85 to 90 feet with no particular subjects to photograph other than these critters.

Hawaiian Domino Damselfish (Dascyllus albisella)
052604.jpg

Yeah but...I love those critters! 'Nother good one!

BTW...I like the way you've put the EXIF info in your photo border.

Heres what I dont get. It has a sort of painted look to it. Is that how it looks in real life, or due to editing? I cant tell because Ive never seen such infinite viz.

jviehe,
No editing on the vis. That's the way it really was. Don't forget I was using a WAL lens and that may make it look like it's more distant than it is.

Gilligan:
jviehe,
No editing on the vis. That's the way it really was. Don't forget I was using a WAL lens and that may make it look like it's more distant than it is.
I didnt mean the viz, but how come they have a drawn look to them? Or, is that an effect of great viz?

To me, the edges of the fish look enhanced. Did you use a sharpening filter Gilligan? Or is that a side effect of the Helicon noise filter?

jviehe:
I didnt mean the viz, but how come they have a drawn look to them? Or, is that an effect of great viz?

I used the Helicon noise filter first. That cleans up the blue water area the most. The noise filter also has a tendency to "unsharpen" the photo to some degree. After that I used Photoshop for "Auto Levels" and some sharpness adjustment and that's it.
The vis here is like that most of the time.

I tried this Helicon filter, it seems to work pretty well and doesn't cause as much blurring as some other filters. Thanks for the heads up!

Gilligan:
I used the Helicon noise filter first. That cleans up the blue water area the most. The noise filter also has a tendency to "unsharpen" the photo to some degree. After that I used Photoshop for "Auto Levels" and some sharpness adjustment and that's it.
The vis here is like that most of the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom