Wednesday night dive at Vets 7/30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FYI,

Tom, Gerry and I are coming back for our second night dive this week at Vets.

Me and a couple work buds will be there :) what time you getting up there? (hopefully you haven't left yet):D

You guys have a funtime! Let us know how the diving goes.

Rick

You guys have a funtime! Let us know how the diving goes.

Rick

My buddy can't make it, so Im gonna stay home :( Ive got Catalina Friday...so Im good :) Have fun Lee!

My buddy can't make it, so Im gonna stay home :( Ive got Catalina Friday...so Im good :) Have fun Lee!

My usual night dive buddy Tom and a new buddy got there around 8:00pm. I guess we got in around 8:15pm. Temp was 59F, dive time was 66minutes and max dep was 72ft. 1-2ft surf and zero surge in the deeper water. Viz was a good 15ft. Over all, it was a great dive. Laguna night dive is almost out of the question and I just might drive up again tomorrow night. Of course, I rather not because it is an hour drive oneway. I'll keep my eyes on the surf model at Laguna. Most likely, the south swell is not going away anytime soon...

Steve

Thanks for the report Steve. Looks like conditions are good down that way. They were kind of kicked up, up this way last night. Glad you had a good one!

Rick

Here is a dive report from Rajmund

"This is my first report after my first night dive with Steve and Tom.
We decided to go to Redondo Beach as from wave models conditions looked favorable.
We were not disappointed. It was very easy in and out. We went in just after sun down and dropped to 25 feet. From there we went slowly to a steep drop and spent about 35 minutes around 60 to 70 feet. Our max depth was 72 feet. Temperature at the top was 70 and at depth about 59. Maybe less because my Suunto seems to be adding a couple degrees.
We saw lots of "flying" crabs which would swim towards our lights. Some big shrimp, maybe 5,6 inches long. Couple octopus hiding in beer bottles, sleepy fish and some other creatures. We started slowly heading back at 45 minute mark and surfaced after 69 minutes total dive time. We did a long safety stop after such a long time at depth. Visibility was quite good too. Redondo
is quite different than Laguna. There is no reef and it is very sandy but very calm. We had no current, no surge.

Overall it was an excellent dive. I am hooked on night diving.

--Rajmund"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom