Webbing for bp/w

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevin Blaylock

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I currently have a used transpac with voyager wing, and i am thinking of switching to continous webbing with a ss back plate. I would like to add a little more color to my setup. So my question is what type of webbing should i get? And are there any scuba brands that sell bp webbing in varying colors, or should i just go to something like strapworks.com and get what i need?

BTW, at 89 cents per foot, it makes for very cost effective chew toys.

IMG_20210430_131350958_HDR~2.jpg

I currently have a used transpac with voyager wing, and i am thinking of switching to continous webbing with a ss back plate. I would like to add a little more color to my setup. So my question is what type of webbing should i get? And are there any scuba brands that sell bp webbing in varying colors, or should i just go to something like strapworks.com and get what i need?

My son and I use the strapworks "patterned picture quality" polyester webbing.... We like it, but it is super floppy. Not quite seat belt floppy, but close.

My son and I use the strapworks "patterned picture quality" polyester webbing.... We like it, but it is super floppy. Not quite seat belt floppy, but close.
Have you tried their 10K Polyester? https://www.strapworks.com/Polyester_Webbing_p/pew2(10k).htm
I ordered in some samples of the 17337 Polyester and Seatbelt Polyester to see which I liked for stage/pony rigging and asked for some 10K out of curiosity.
The 10K is thick (approx 0.1") but supple. It feels like it would be great for shoulder straps and crotch straps at least. I don't think it would need any padding, even in low/no thermal protection situations.

Have you tried their 10K Polyester? https://www.strapworks.com/Polyester_Webbing_p/pew2(10k).htm
I ordered in some samples of the 17337 Polyester and Seatbelt Polyester to see which I liked for stage/pony rigging and asked for some 10K out of curiosity.
The 10K is thick (approx 0.1") but supple. It feels like it would be great for shoulder straps and crotch straps at least. I don't think it would need any padding, even in low/no thermal protection situations.
I haven't... I have, however, used salvaged ratchet strap webbing. Which worked ok, but is super thick.... bit of a pain adjusting and getting it through buckles sometimes.

I wish Piranha had "Deep 6" orange.
Call them. They might be able to get something close from one of their suppliers.

They were willing to order a custom hose from their supplier in Taiwan for me for an older first stage with a 1/2" LP port. No extra charge, I just had to wait for it to be included with one of their regular orders.

I’m working on new orange webbing for my travel rig, strap works stuff
64C55C09-FBEF-415E-85BB-CAB241034F34.jpeg

It’s pretty soft so where I want stiffer I coat the inside with PVC cement. I tried one piece “hog” style again (every few years I test it again) and still deeply dislike it so I just re-rigged it with the “H” harness that works well for me, tested it in the pool and only need to trim the excess and with luck favorable changes will be diving it in Curaçao in less than a month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom