Weather (and water temps) has warmed up. Can't wait to start the season.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So Mo USA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
36°25’46.2"N 93°51’23.8"W
36.429503, -93.856617

A VERY popular dive site. Boat ramp provides very easy access, without fighting uneven rocks and boulders.

Left/North of the ramp is Beaver Lake SCUBA Park with several artifacts and objects; multiple cars, multiple boats, airplane, statutes, etc. Easily navigated via guide line, or 360’/180’ compass headings. Average depth 25-50ft.

Diagonal-Right/Southeast of ramp is a compass course used for UW Navigation. Artifacts and objects include boats. Average depth 25-60ft.

Right/South of the ramp is the Beaver Lake Bluffs. This is a series of stair steps in the UW mountain side. They continue to depths 100+ and feature an UW forrest.

#DiveLocal #DiveOnBeaver

youtu.be/K1mC39QlJsA

Been there twice. Great place.
It's just outside Eureka Springs, about 2 1/2 hrs south of me. It's a great way to spend a Saturday. I logged about 30-ish dives there last summer, about every other wkend. I'm still planning on going in a few weeks. But, w/ gas at 4.00/gallon I may drop back to once a month.

What kind of temps were you encountering at various depths/thermoclines,?

Agree, it is a fun place to dive. I plan to make some trips down that way in the next month or so.

DW

I dove the bluffs on Monday. Water temp at 75 feet was 58°, vis was 20 feet or so in most places with a few murky spots.

PICT0017.JPG

DW

Back
Top Bottom