we used to try just a tube from the surface down but it's limited

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we used to try just a hose down from the surface but it's limited dew to the lung capacity and out side air pressure and depth pressure so its just turns out to be a long snorkle and not diving .

That has been tried unsuccessfully for hundreds, if not thousands, of years. Without pressure, you can't get very deep.

Last edited:
Without pressure, you can't get very deep.

Yeah, as in 3 or 4 feet maximum, IIRC from my "experiments". Good workout for the diaphragm, though.

..with out getting of the track since i had freinds who used proper diving 'bell' and were not unnerved by the deep i stuck to just snorkling in the end because of fear of benz and stuff ..but i got very good at holding my breath at byron bay nsw australia out at the wreck off main beach as practise makes perfect and i could get deeper and i got less scared of sharks and when i was going out one morning a i saw a bronze coloured coin i thought was a 2cent piece so i left it till i came back and it was where the old walf used to be and as it turned out when i retreaved it going back to beach after snorkling a coin dealer gave me $100 for what was a gold soverien and it was reported in the byron newspaper .some one a hundred years ago lost it off the old walf and i found it ..luck ..

When I was around 10 I stayed under in our pool for 5-10 minutes with my brother pumping air using a foot pump... I guess it was in about 6' of water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom