We saw Godzilla! Have you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SemorBugs

Reaction score
Late yesterday, I talked my buddy Paul into an early morning cave dive. Paul is leaving for his IDC on Sunday and agreed so long as we went to Madison Blue. Paul dove it for the first time two weeks ago and was only to happy to return. I was happy to experience a new site with him in the lead. Our plan was to dive the same circuit he had done previously. During the predive plan he mentioned the Godzilla and Banana Rooms as reference points.

Well, not only did our dive go flawlessly, we also discovered why the so called name Godzilla. As Paul and I dropped into the room he pointed out the frog hanging suspended on the main line. Then we continued out along the gold line through the bedding plan exit. My eyes caught a glimpse of something wildly out of place! What the heck is that I thought? Is it? Could it really be? Well Yes, there it was right before me. Starring at me was the Dragon Beast himself! Eyes glowing wildly and red painted toe nails where so scarry. GODZILLA, was standing watch over his dominon. Proud and definate. I was sure Paul would have pointed him out if he was aware of his existance. I had to show Paul. But how was I going to show him he had already began his exit from the room. The rooms exit is through a bedding plain that is low and Paulie was already twenty feet in. He responded to my light signal like a great buddy would. Not only did he come back to investigate. He wanted to know what was up. I could only laugh and point. There he was Godzilla. Paul and I started singing in stereo both of us as a chorus it sounded something like this. Oh no, there goes Tokyo! Go, Go Godzilla!

What a great dive and fun day we had.

Also, would like to say thanks agian to Mickey for the loaner deco bottle SPG. It saved the dive.

Vis was awesome!

Very cool, my last two trips there i missed him, and was beginning to think someone snagged him. I'll keep my eyes open on the trip to madison!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom