We made it 18 days into 2010 without a callout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I’m out and about be bopping around the county when a little after 0820 the radio so rudely interrupts the Bob and Tom show with; “REPORTED DROWNING AT SANDERS BEACH, ANS UP ON RED”. Crap, why am I monitoring City? I answer up, light up and head that way. I’m first on scene and use my vehicle as a road block. As I head for the beach a city officer arrives so we cross the sand together.

I stop at a neat placed pile of clothing which is frozen right at the waters edge. I yell to the city officer who is 40’ from me that it is an old one but in he goes and grabs the elderly gentleman who is face down roughly 40’ out in 39df water. He pulls our victim, who is rather stiff to shore and checks his vitals. The gentleman still had his glasses on and was still holding his aluminum cane. I call dispatch to have all responding units to go ahead and continue but reduce code.

We secured the area and once the investigators were done another team member and I did a water search for any evidence. We did find some foot prints on the bottom in about 3.5 feet of water that matched the area where he was in.

Nothing is confirmed yet but he was 76 and had just lost his wife of 50 years. I guess he just felt it was time to visit her.

Body found at Sanders Beach - Coeur d'Alene Press Newspaper - Local and National News - Kootenai County, Idaho

Update on the city officer who went in for the gentleman in the 39df water. He will be using the girls for the next few days...hehe

Gary D.
:depressed:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom