We found a camera for Aquashot II's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPT HOOK

Contributor
Reaction score
If you own an older Aquashot II housing we found a camera that fits with almost no adjustments.

Buy an Eckerd Automatic Express Shot Camera, cost $20.

Get your housing and look on the inside of the front cover; locate the red slide that turns the flash on/off - remove the screw, take the slide out & remove the piece that pops up, replace the slide and screw it back in.

Next find something to use as a spacer - we broke the end off of a spring clothespin.

The lens and flash line up fine, the trigger arm on the housing works with the camera and the flash will trip the strobe if you have one!

When you finish a roll of film you take the camera back to Eckerds, pay for 1 hour processing and they reload the camera with fresh batteries and film.

Wow great tip.

I had an Aquashot II and got so tired of trying to find the cameras to fit. I finally did the math and upgraded the housing. Ikelite will actually take your old housing and give you a disccount on a new one. Then I bought one of their cheapy point n shoots for $35. Nice little cheap camera. Glad I finally took the leap.

Back
Top Bottom