We buried one of our own today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Today was one of those days of joy as well as a day of deep sorrow and sadness as we buried one of our own.

At 52 years old, Jason, the Chief of Police of a one man local department was diagnosed with ALS. He has been a good friend over the past 30 years but on Friday, August 8, 2008 he said it was time to pull the plugs on the machines that had kept him alive over the past 18 months. 10 minutes later his suffering came to a quiet end and he moved to a better place.

Today we buried Jason with a ceremony that was fitting. Then there was a procession of marked and un-marked patrol cars from State(s), Local, County, Feds, Border Patrol, Fire departments and some from several hundred miles away. All lined up, lit up and driving through the county and HIS TOWN for the last time.

Prior to leaving the church they played Jason’s last radio transmission. It went like this; “Central 9000” “9000” “1042”. Hearing that brought on the tears.

We are going to miss you little buddy. 54 years is just not long enough to be here.

Gary D.

PS: 080808 was also my wife’s and my 35th anniversary

... on Friday, August 8, 2008 he said it was time to pull the plugs on the machines ...

A person of rare courage and intellect. No wonder he gained the respect of so many. Even in death he has gained the respect of at least one more.

Peace

My condolences and prayers to all of his family and friends.

Paint

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom