Way to go, Lifeguard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Budprop

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My son and I went out yesterday afternoon to do some Boyles Law experiments for his 8th grade science project. We were heading for a large sandy area off a very popular dive site known as Electric Beach on the West Side of Oahu. We were heading further out than normal at this site to get the needed 33'. We were the only ones in the water and stopped to talk to the lifeguards on our way out just to be friendly. They noticed the flag I was carrying and thanked us for taking it stating that a lot of divers don't use them out there and it is dangerous not to. For this project he was inflating balloons @ 2ATM and recording the increase in volume as we surfaced. We were using the flag float as a reference line and were surfacing multiple times within feet of the float. At one point while we were inflating and recording on the bottom (fortunately) the Lifeguard Jet Ski went roaring directly over the top of us, easily within 15' of my flag. Fortunately they had left for the day by the time we got back to the beach.
Truly amazing to me how some people operate, I would love to know what those idiots were thinking.

Wow, glad you guys are okay. Side note, that sounds like a kick ass science project!

Back
Top Bottom