watertight case suggestion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rab1412000

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi guys

i wanna get a watertight case where i can store my glasses (non foldable), my spare batteries, a wallet, my dive computer, watch, some spare o-rings, my small point and shoot camera, and a few other small stuff.
im also looking for one with a recess for padlocks
i have no intention of taking it underwater
what dimensions would you reccomend, what particular models
im looking for a cheap, sturdy solution :)

thanks in advance

I've always heard good things about the Pelican cases...

Hey, if you have no intention to bring it underwater, y dont you use a airtight container, those they use for food storage. Its waterproof for your needs, cheap and comes in a number of sizes.

For me, I use a 10L dry bag, so i just dump everything inside.
:)

I like Pelican cases and Storm cases. They are a lot more forgiving if they get a tank dropped on them and do a good job keeping things dry and protected. Whenever I have ruined one I send it back for a free replacement.

If you want cheap, I've found that some of the food storage containers have an o-ring and clamps on all four edges. They work great, won't shatter, and I use for my camera maint gear, batteries, etc, even food. Bought a whole set, of different sizes, at Costco.

Have seen some at drug stores, Amazon, etc. I'm @ Starbucks and don't recall brand. If important, e-mail me for that.

I've been selling a brand called Seahorse Cases. They are similar to Pelican, but much lighter. Their sizes are fairly deep and larger sizes come with two layers of foam, so that items can be layered. They are well-made, have a lifetime warranty and are relatively inexpensive as well.

Jack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom