Watershot V3000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbosveld

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I bought these as a pair (with a single double ended 8-cell battery ). VERY POWERFUL (see the video of a cave dive at Ginnie Spring, FL). The challenge was that they ran through the battery in a fairly short time (15 to 20 minutes on high). 15 to 20 minutes was just not long enough to cover a single dive (ran out of juice before I ran out of dive, etc). This is not shorter than the manufacturer's published time. Watershot is not over-rating their battery, etc. It is just that these do pull a LOT of juice. Solution for me was to get a second battery. With a battery for each light I was able to run these without issue for much longer.

Be aware that the batteries are fairly negatively buoyant. I use Watershot ball mounts on my batteries to use them as arm segments for the lights. I have jumbo floats on the other arm segments to further off-set the weight.

A pair of these can nearly fill a widescreen shot (I have used them with both a Cannon 60D 1080P 16x9 as well as a GoPro Hero3 - 1080p). I have also used a Light & Motion Sola 1200 Video light to help fill the field even more with good results.

Here is some video from them in action (w/GoPro H3):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaequaRtfEQ

Back
Top Bottom